That is, Sun Update Connection, Enterprise version.
It’s been three short months since our acquisition of Aduva. In that time, the former Aduva team along with the Sun Update Connection product team have produced the first release of our new product which incorporates all the goodness of Sun Update Connection Hosted and adds a slew of new features and functions:
- Baselines – Create groups of changes to be applied
- Automated application – Apply a single change, group of changes, and/or baseline to one or more systems
- Simulation – Model proposed changes to your environment before commiting to them
- Rollback – The “oops” protection, revert to prior state at the touch of a button
- Auditing – Know who made which changes when to aid in compliance
- Staging – Pull bits from many different places to a staging ground, mix and match the content in automated change tasks
- Introspection – Don’t trust what the description says, active comparison of symbols in changes vs. claims in descriptions (metadata)
- Provisioning – Deploy configurations to bare metal as workloads and demands change
- Management – Be it a data center, an application service, or a grid, actively manage the assets for workload, performance, cost, and availability.
The team has done tremendous work to get this far, this fast. If patching and update management has ever been a pain, here’s the cure. I encourage you to give it a test drive. Try it now.Tweet